Workshops and events
Learn about intercomparisons – day course at SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden 17 October 2013, Borås
Be sure of your measurements by comparing yourself with others. This course gives you the skills to use comparative measurements that help in your measurements. Comparison Measurement is a tool, a method to compare the quality and performance at different laboratories and test sites. ISO standards recommends and Swedac, Danak and Finas urges laboratories to participate in the comparison measurements to demonstrate its capability. Sometimes discussions comes up about what a comparison measurement is and what is required for it to qualify a laboratory approach.
- How to use / best utilize the results of a comparison measurement
- How to interpret uncertainty specification in a comparison measurement
- What is and how you can use the "A-value"
- How can a correlation analysis help me to understand the laboratory's performance
- What makes a good / bad / relevant comparison measurement
- How do you choose an appropriate item
- What do the standards (including ISO / IEC 17025 and 17043, ILAC and EA) says?
The course will be held in Swedish. For more information:
This is the website of CFI, a centre for
intercomparisons (proficiency testing) which has been developed for
the purpose to assist calibration- and testing laboratories to
secure their measurement claims according to ISO/IEC 17025.
CFI works over a wide area of different measurement quantities,
instruments and accuracy levels, and our goal is to assist both
measurement laboratories and industrial users.
Since there are many un-accredited laboratories that also need to
secure their measurement capability, the services of this web site
are also open to them.
The services offered was originally developed in cooperation between the NMI
(National Metrology institutes) in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
This web page is administrated by SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden
Subscribe to Newsletter and Invitations